Description

Where former English majors go to ponder the nature of the universe and the location of the cheapest pupus. Not necessarily in that order.- EVE (of Destruction?)

Who needs data, proof, and logic? Take Bruce Lee's advice from Enter the Dragon: "Don't think! Feel. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory." -Da Pidgin Pen

The possibilities are endless...hey that might make a good title...maybe we should just start writing… -Kahelelani...the ellipses queen more importantly, the Awa Drinker

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Achieving the Dream

Well there are many dreams to be achieved. At the end of the semester dreams smell of graded papers, portfolios, evaluations, and vacation. Summer school, that dream from the beginning of Spring semester, turns into the nightmare of reality...A dream you have no option but to achieve.

My dreams are lined with short papers and intimate end of semester projects. It seems so interesting and manageable, today. I will also be achieving the dream of falling in love with Maui again. Maui is recently on my mind and in my datebook. I have had a few brief stints there in the last year. Each one ended with a kalua pig/mexican kind of dish and a beer. No margaritas allowed at the Maui airport bar, the Aunty behind the counter is quick to warn you of the airport malihini price. This is the same Aunty that will tell you when your airplane has landed and alert you to the last, last minute sip before you miss your plane.

As I write this I recognize this Maui circle of dreams to be achieved. My Achieving the Dream relationship actually began on Maui when I was sent to a Math meeting. It is a blurry recollection, maybe this is because I was in a Math meeting and I am an English professor. Not to mention the fact that I took Math 4 times just to pass basic college math, which would make me the perfect audience for a meeting about achieving dreams in math. Anyways, in that meeting, Math and Maui crept back into my life and 7 months later here I sit with Maui in my datebook twice in 2 months.

Maui is mysterious and I donʻt say this because of the price of the airplane ticket there. Not to mention the inconsistency between dollars spent and miles earned. I have yet to learn the true mystery of Maui but I hope to in the upcoming week and months. I will keep you updated with Maui on my mind and I will be opening up my heart to Maui...stay tuned and keep achieving the dream!

The Universe is wonderful when you let it be.

2 comments:

  1. Kahele, too deep...my dreams are often nightmares during this part of the semester. I wish I could focus on the places I need to be, unfortunately, I can't get past the reality of an ending semester...I hope Maui turns out to be everything you dreamed of...

    Aloha...
    PP

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...you make me laugh PP...Iʻll tell you the same thing I told Eve...If you write it, it will be...sorry to be deep just playing with words, manao, and kaona...haha! I love the phrase achieving the dream, for obvious reasons...Are you coming Maui? We need English people!

    ReplyDelete